Friday, December 19, 2008

WHBC Annual Christmas Program 2008

Well! It has been a long time since I typed anything new on my blog! I have been busy getting a school Christmas program ready. Of course, there were other things that kept me busy, too. Remember, I told you all that I am a grandma and our oldest daughter is attending Charleston University Pharmacy School. We have been babysitting our granddaughter, Sarah Ashby.
There is a lot to tell since I last typed! Our son Matthew is engaged to be married March 21st and we are excited to have our first daughter-in-law, Crystal Mace.
Crystal's dad has been very ill since his stroke that almost took him to Heaven. The family is hoping he can come to the wedding in a wheelchair if nothing else. We are praying he will be able to. It seems he has indicated so.
Matthew just turned 26 and on his birthday, Dec. 18, he had the privilege of starting in his new job at Tasty Blend Foods. He is very happy to be out of McDonald's, even though they were very good and were very understanding when he had his cancer treatments several years ago in 2003. Anyone who has worked in fast food restaurants knows what is means to be tired. Sometimes you can get stuck with it all when others don't show up for work and you work early, early! You must rise from sleep at 3am every morning! He is very happy!
Well, right now I need to go and get ready to go to town. Our school is putting out a new Defender. That is our school paper. It is a big job, and they still need help finishing up. I also have things to put away from the Christmas program, so I must go now. Have a Merry and Christ-filled Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Until next time,
Karen Double

No comments: